Our cupboards are full of different household products dedicated to the maintenance of our homes. Floors, kitchens, bathrooms, windows… it is sometimes difficult to find your way around. All of these bottles contain chemicals that, if effective, often have harmful effects on health and the environment. Use them with the utmost care or choose alternative and natural solutions.
Household products: good habits to adopt for your health
Most of the cleaning products available on the market contain chemical substances that pose certain health risks. It is important before using them to read the labels carefully and to identify the symbols and warnings.
Several pictograms warn you against products that are harmful, flammable, corrosive, toxic, or dangerous for the environment. They should therefore be handled with extreme caution.
Follow a few essential rules when using your household products:
- Place your products in places out of reach of children
- Keep containers away from strong heat sources
- Never transfer a product into a food container, bottle, or glass jar to avoid any risk of poisoning
- Handle corrosive products with gloves
- Ventilate your home at least 15 minutes a day to evacuate airborne chemical fumes
- Do not mix different products at the risk of causing chemical reactions.
If in doubt following hazardous handling of a product, contact the poison control center in your area directly or directly the SAMU in the event of a more serious accident.
The best rule to observe is to drastically limit the use of these chemicals and to adopt alternative solutions to clean your interior.
Clean the interior with a steam machine and remove harmful household products
Steam cleaning is becoming increasingly popular, and for good reason! Its advantages are numerous:
- By using a steam appliance, you will permanently remove plastic flasks and bottles of household products, which are harmful to your health and highly polluting, from your cupboards.
- You realize substantial savings by replacing a whole battery of utensils and products with a single machine.
- Handheld Steam Cleaner uses only tap water, and in small quantities.
- Steam machines are used throughout the house. You can steam clean all floors, windows, furnishing textiles (curtains, sofas, cushions), taps, earthenware, ovens, hobs, extractor hoods, etc.
- Water vapor has a disinfectant action, killing with high heat, all bacteria. You are thus guaranteed to live in a totally healthy environment.
- You avoid any fatigue due to repetitive cleaning with the sponge or the brush. The steam engine does the work on its own.
Replace chemical substances with homemade and effective recipes
However, if you want to use household products, opt for homemade recipes with natural products. For example, mix hot water, white vinegar, baking soda, and a few drops of grapefruit or mint essential oil for fragrance in a spray bottle. This mixture effectively replaces most chemical household products you have at home.
Sara has completed her education in marketing and started her career as a digital marketer. She is a content writer by profession. And she would love to add multiple things to her knowledge that she can add to her writing style. She writes about cleaning services in Sydney like rug steam cleaning in Sydney.