Activated charcoal has become a popular ingredient in beauty and cosmetic products, and has created a huge buzz. Have you noticed any beauty products with the mention of charcoal as their key ingredient? Lately, people have been curious to know why charcoal is so widely used in our day to day beauty products. Charcoal is a black powder made from, or activated by common coal, the same one we use to make delicious barbeque, but in this case, it’s heated at very high temperatures.
Activated charcoal is nowadays added to toothpaste, food, medication, face wash, exfoliators, serums, face packs and masques, and more.
It works by absorbing all the dirt that’s accumulated on the skin, and also excess oils on the face. This ingredient also helps with healing wounds.
One of the best products made of this key ingredient activated charcoal is a face pack or a face mask. It is filled with lots of benefits for the skin.
What is a Charcoal Facemask?
The charcoal face pack is a cosmetic product that works as extra care for the skincare routine. It works as a vacuum to all the dirt and pollutants on the face by deep cleaning the skin and removing all the dirt. Face packs are a nice way to pamper yourself and have a mini and quick facial at home. Charcoal face masks are one of the latest trends in skincare that helps remove the blackheads from your pores and clear your skin of toxins.
But certain questions ponder, don’t they? Like, do charcoal face masks work? Is charcoal good for your skin?
Charcoal has been used for a lot of purposes for a long time, for example, to absorb toxins, brighten up skin tone, and remove blackheads and whiteheads. Many skin products contain activated charcoal to absorb pollutants and clear your skin.
Scientific studies show that charcoal does not typically irritate skin or bring out allergic reactions. That’s why charcoal is used in products from cleansers and makeup removers, charcoal face masks, charcoal face packs, and even soaps.
Benefits of using a Charcoal facemask
- Once you learn to enjoy charcoal masks, you can say goodbye to clogged pores, dull skin, and every skin condition, and also suitable for all skin types. Whether you have dry or oily skin it works wonders either way.
- Charcoal masks or charcoal face packs are known to detoxify your skin, and this helps the skin get a smoother and brighter look.
- Charcoal masks help unclog the clogged pores, tighten them and give the skin a thorough cleansing.
- The charcoal face pack works as a great detan face pack. Charcoal comes to your rescue as they strip your face of all impurities and helps with tan removal as well, along with hydrating your skin and immediately brightening your face.
- The charcoal face mask gets rid of any excess oil on your face while also controlling the oil production for anyone with oily skin.
How to use a Charcoal face masque?
The best part about this WhiteGlow Activated Charcoal 4-in-1 Facial kit is that it comes with a set of all the necessary steps that need to be taken before applying a facemask, and all of them are made with the key ingredient, activated charcoal.
- Start with face wash – You can start by applying a Lotus Herbals face wash all over your face and neck and massaging it gently in a circular motion and rinsing it off.
- The next step is to scrub the face. Exfoliation is a process to get rid of the dead skin cells from the uppermost layer of skin. Use an exfoliator on a moist face and neck, again in a circular motion, and then rinse it off.
- After exfoliation, apply the Lotus Herbals WhiteGlow VITAMIN-C + Gold RADIANCE SERUM Take 2-3 drops of the serum and apply it on your face and neck and pat with your fingers to add some warmth to the face.
- After applying the serum, massage the crème all over the face and neck for 10-15 minutes to rep the skin for the face masque.
- Apply the charcoal face masque on the face and neck. Keep it for 15-20 minutes till it dries, and then wipe it off with a wet cloth and then rinse it off.
Here, in this blog we have seen what is a charcoal mask, what are its benefits and how best to use them. Why not enjoy some self-pampering with WhiteGlow Activated Charcoal 4 in-1 Facial kit that come with the goodness of activated charcoal that works like a magnet and removes all the pollutants. This charcoal facial kit also has ingredients like the tea tree oil which have antiseptic and anti-microbial properties that help with battling oily skin issues and almonds that are rich in vitamin E which rejuvenates the skin. Purchase now your set of this facial kit at any of our lotus herbals stores or on lotus herbals online shopping website.