Personalizing an object is one of the practices that most people like since it can make your brand stand out. Some people do it with electrochemical marking, inkjet marking, and so on, but still, they need to bring out the perfect result as experienced with a 3D printer laser engraver; it creates a high-quality image or logo. The technology offers a high rate of accuracy, precision, and speed when personalizing trophies, wards, and gifts.
But first, what is 3D laser engraving? This is where materials are vaporized into fumes to engrave permanent deep marks. The deep marks are left behind by a laser beam which acts as a chisel, incising marks by removing layers from the material’s surface. The laser hits a localized point with a massive energy level to generate the heat required for vaporization.
But kindly note that there is a difference between laser etching and engraving. The difference is a little; laser etching melts the micro surface to create raised marks, while laser engraving removes material to make deep marks. To create this deep mark, the character will absorb enough energy to change from a solid to a gas without becoming a liquid. The laser engraving system will have to generate enough energy to allow the material’s surface to hit its vaporization temperature within milliseconds. This proves that laser engravers are powerful machines.
So, how does the laser 3D printer engraving work?
- First, you will need to create the design and be approved; after that, the unique design software is used to convert the image into a format that the laser engraving machine can understand for processing.
- Once the image has been converted and uploaded to the machine, where the process starts, the laser within the device will focus its concentrated beam of light at a given precise point below the surface of the crystal. After this, the laser focuses its high-powered beam on each three-dimensional coordinate, which will create a beautiful 3D image once completed. Note that each point in the image is plotted in the final crystal piece.
- You will notice that once the beam has reached the focal point, the ultra-powerful laser makes a tiny fracture inside the crystal. After this, the laser will move onto the next plotted coordinate and causes another fracture; the same process will be repeated until the final design is completed.
After knowing how it works, you might ask yourself what benefits does it bring? Here are some of the advantages that you will achieve. They include:
- The technology offers a given rate of flexibility since it can create precise engravings on non-flat surfaces like cylindrical shapes, triangles, circles, etc. This gives you greater flexibility, especially when choosing a shape to engrave for trophies, gifts, or even awards; additionally, it offers significant flexibility in choosing your design scope.
- It offers a higher level of engraving quality compared to other methods. Notice that the laser used in the engraving procedure is non-invasive, meaning the surface of the crystal is left unmarked, resulting in a stunning well-finished product.
- If you are searching for a laser engraving machine, look no more, Snapmaker offers the best machine in the marketplace; they are powerful and quite affordable. It offers a better personalization option since it provides exact accuracy enabling you to bring the 3D image model to life. So, the machine can develop a beautiful and visually spectacular personalized item. You can visit the Website and learn more as you order yours Read more